A couch should be thoroughly cleaned every three months. You can clean it at home, on your own, using the correct products and methods or you can hire professor cleaners to take care of your couch. However, just cleaning a couch is not enough. Aftercare is of utmost importance. This ensures that the couch stays clean and too much grime does not accumulate. It also helps you notice and treat stains immediately.
Taking care of your couch after cleaning makes sure that the quality of the couch remains good and the fabric does not shrink or get discoloured.
If you have the right kind of fabric for your couch, maintaining it after cleaning becomes easier. Natural fabrics are easy to clean at home but can be quite delicate. If you have many people coming in or if you have pets, a synthetic couch will do a much better job. Synthetic fibres are more durable and can be treated with strong solvents (which might damage natural fabrics).
The couch should be inspected and treated with the right products after couch cleaning in Hobart, to keep it fresh throughout the year.
Given Below are Several Points on How to Take Care of The Couch After you Have Cleaned It:
- Sometime after your couch has been cleaned, grime or grease spots might appear. You must treat these spots immediately. Cleaning the whole couch again is not an option but you should use the right spot removal agents to treat the affected areas
- You should apply a fabric protector to prevent stains or spots from becoming permanent. Fabric protectors should only be applied to a couch that is completely clean and dry. If the couch has grime in between the fibres or is damp, the fabric protector will seal in the dirt and might also damage the fibres. Other than preventing stains, fabric protectors also stop mildew and mould formation. Even after your couch has been cleaned, some dirt and dust will begin to accumulate and this might attract germs. Fabric protectors stop different kinds of fungal growth and pest infestations.
- Cleaning your couch will involve using soaps, solvents or several dry cleaning products. But after that is done, you must vacuum clean the couch from time to time. Vacuuming the couch will draw out any loose particles and maintain hygienic conditions.
- When you clean your couch, you should also take care of your cushions. But even after cleaning, they require maintenance. You turn out the cushions after certain intervals of time. This makes sure that not just one side is exposed and therefore the wear and tear is not concentrated. Fluffing cushions regularly is also a good option. But you must also change the covers every once in a while. This maintains a fresh, clean look for the entire couch.
- Keep your couch in an area, away from pollutants. Make sure that while there is proper airflow, the concentration of airborne particles and pollutants is less. This will allow your couch to remain clean for a long time and the fabric too will maintain its colour.
To learn more about this, contact Koala Cleaning today.